Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fried Chicken

I could also title this "My Husband is Awesome!" Adam takes advantage of his Monday afternoons at home with Addie to cook up special meals. Of late, he has been baking like crazy - clover leaf rolls, french baguettes, and biscuits -- all from scratch, are his newest specialties. Of course, Addie is highly involved in the baking, and has learned how to sift flower and add ingredients. Last Saturday he asked me to pick up a whole chicken at the Winter Farmer's Market. But, I wasn't expecting what I found when I got home on Monday evening -- buttermilk batter fried chicken, homemade buttermilk biscuits, and his yummy specialty potato salad, made with new potatoes with the skins on. It may not have been low-fat, but it was a wonderful treat. He had an impressive three hours of cooking to pull this one off, so it deserves proper recording. Addie and I are lucky girls! (I think baby #2 enjoyed the meal too, as measured by the intense kicking afterward!)





She ate every last bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment